CSBH Professional Development
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The program utilizes a train-the-trainer format and trains designated facilitators from a campus on the Center’s core modules, lesson plans, and activities and prepares them to teach the modules to the staff at their home campus. Core modules include Children’s Mental Health, Trauma-Informed Classrooms, Advanced Trauma-Informed Strategies, Youth Suicide Prevention, and Self-Care for Educators. The training modules fulfill TEA requirements for mental health and suicide prevention training and help infuse mental health awareness into the campus culture. Some helpful information regarding the program:
- Facilitators will be trained on all five modules by Center Professional Development staff
- Modules are 1.5 hours in length and include a variety of activities and videos to reflect different learning styles
- Facilitators will receive access to all training materials following the completion of the train the trainer sessions
- Each facilitator will receive a continuing education credit certificate (upon request)
- Materials are updated on an annual basis to ensure they are reflective of current mental and behavioral health information
TRAUMA INFORMED CLASSROOM: TRAUMA 101
Participants will learn how to recognize signs and symptoms in students displaying behavioral health concerns, how trauma affects learning and how to address these effects; and how to appropriately respond to young people experiencing mental health issues.
ADVANCED TRAUMA INFORMED CLASSROOM: TRAUMA 102
Participants will interact and utilize strategies to create a trauma-informed classroom and campus. Participants will also discuss how cultural awareness, equity, and racial/historical trauma impact the classroom.
CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH
Participants will understand the difference between mental health and mental illness, understand the prevalence of mental health in our nation, recognize signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, and determine steps to express care and concern.
YOUTH SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING
This module will help participants to understand the importance of youth suicide prevention, determine what protective and risk factors are for the youth, identify warning signs of suicide in youth, and to create an individualized plan to help students who may be experiencing suicidal ideation.
SELF-CARE FOR EDUCATORS
Educators will be able to define stress and self-care, identify how stress presents itself in someone and others, create a personal self-care plan and develop practical self-care strategies.
Explore More of the Center for School Behavioral Health
Youth Art Showcase