As the only course of its kind in Texas, BHC-CC will provide the skill set you need to increase access to behavioral health services by focusing on behavioral and physical health conditions in primary care. Learn unique skills to understand and address existing health disparities, improve health equity, and promote health in vulnerable and historically excluded populations. As a crucial part of the primary care team, Behavioral Health Consultants are increasingly in demand. Apply today to grow your career in Behavioral Health.
This course includes:
- An in-person integrated behavioral health bootcamp (February, 26, 2024)
- Pre-recorded and real-time virtual learning sessions
- Virtual bi-monthly office hours
- Two live trainings with standardized patients (May 18, 2024 and December 7, 2024)
Participants who complete this course will earn 40 continuing education units.
The course begins on February 26, 2024
You must be licensed under the following titles to be eligible to apply for this course:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
- Licensed Psychologists (LP)
Graduates of this course will be able to apply the knowledge and skillset learned to treat and manage mental, behavioral, and physical health conditions that are common in primary care.
Encouraging whole-person care, the role of the behavioral health consultant serves as a proactive and preventative means, fostering early intervention and detection, as 50% of all lifetime mental health disorders begin by the age of 14 years. Their role is vital in making integrated health care the standard delivery of care, not the exception.
Participants of the 2023 BHC-CC cohort during a live learning session with standardized patients.
Explore More of the Integrated Health Care Initiative